- Dentures are held in the mouth with adhesives and have been known to slip or shift at inopportune moments. This is not the case, however, with dental implants. Charlotte periodontist Dr. Shannon Parsons placed implants that fuse to the jaw bone, affording you the stability provided by your natural teeth.
- Dentures are made of materials that may irritate the gums. This includes plastic, acrylic and metal. The dental implants in Charlotte used by Dr. Parsons are made of biocompatible titanium and are capable of integrating with your bone, which is what provides an anchor function similar to a tooth root.
- Dentures are a removable appliance and do nothing to stop the bone loss that occurs when a tooth is lost. When having dental implants in Charlotte, the titanium posts that integrate with the jaw bone serve to stimulate the bone and stop the deterioration. This is crucial to preserve the integrity of your facial structure.
- Dentures lack versatility. They may only be used to replace multiple or an entire set of missing teeth. Dental implants in Charlotte can be used to replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or even a full set of teeth. This is especially useful when multiple teeth are not situated in a row that can be easily spanned by a partial denture.
- Dentures may need to be replaced at some point or your dentures may need to be refit to accommodate any changes in the jaw bone due to bone loss. Dental implants can last a lifetime.
Learn about Dental Implants in Charlotte, NC
Dental implants in Charlotte require no special maintenance than the normal dental visits, flossing, and brushing necessary for your natural teeth. If you are looking for a permanent solution to replace your missing teeth or secure your dentures, the best option may be dental implants in Charlotte. Schedule a consultation to learn more.
Dr. Shannon Parsons, located in Charlotte, NC is a periodontist who serves patients in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg area including Mecklenburg, Union, Gaston, Cabarrus, Stanley & Anson counties of NC; and York & Lancaster counties in SC. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our office and encourage you to schedule your appointment today!